Are you a proud user of the MetaMask App or Extension and worried about your account protection or facing any bugs while using the platform? If yes, then we want you to clarify that you can enhance your security or fix bugs by resetting your MetaMask Wallet.
In our further content, we will help you reset your MetaMask Wallet by using your MetaMask recovery phrase. Along with that, we will also cover some instructions that will enable you to backup your recovery phrase, in case of MetaMask lost recovery phrase.
Pre-requirements for resetting your MetaMask Wallet:
After reading through the above paragraph, we are sure that you are now interested in learning steps for resetting your MetaMask Wallet but before you start, make sure that you have noted down your MetaMask recovery phrase. Because if you lose your MetaMask secret recovery phrase then you will not be able to access your wallet after the reset. And in the case of the MetaMask lost recovery phrase, you can easily reveal it on its extension or app by following the given below instructions.
Note: You can only reveal your recovery phrase if you are logged in to your MetaMask account.
For MetaMask App
- Launch MetaMask App and then unlock your wallet on your device.
- Tap on “Settings” (gear icon), located at the right corner of the bottom menu bar.
- Select “Security Privacy” under the “Settings” menu.
- Tap on “Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase”
- In last, you just need to enter your unlock password and then copy or write down your MetaMask seed phrase as same as shown on your desktop screen.
For MetaMask Extension
- Open your browser and then launch MetaMask Extension.
- Get access to your wallet by using your correct sign-in password.
- Once you are on the home page of your extension, click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Select “Settings” from the pop-up menu and then hit on “Security Privacy”.
- Navigate to the “Security” section and then hit on “Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase”.
- In the last step, follow the same instructions as mentioned for the MetaMask App in the previous section.
Steps to reset MetaMask Wallet through MetaMask recovery phrase:
Once you note down your MetaMask recovery phrase at a secure place, you can easily reset your MetaMask Wallet by following the given below instructions.
Note: We have taken MetaMask App as an example in our further steps, but if you want to reset your MetaMask Extension wallet then you can do it by following similar steps.
- First of all, if you are logged in to your wallet then go ahead to the settings menu and then tap on “Lock”.
- Now, tap on the “Reset Wallet” link, located just below the “Unlock” button.
- Tap on “I understand, continue”.
- Type “delete” in the given text field and then tap on the “Delete my wallet” tab.
- Now, tap on “Import using Secret Recovery Phrase”.
- In last, enter your SRP (secret recovery phrase) in the first text field and create a new password and type it in the second and third text fields. Then, tap on “Import” to finish the entire process.
Overall, that’s how you can reset your MetaMask Wallet by using the MetaMask recovery phrase within a few steps. But always remember that whenever you reveal your secret recovery phrase (SRP), place it in a secure place where only you can get access to it. Along with that, also ensures that you are the only one who knows about your SRP, because if someone got access to your MetaMask SRP, then he/she can easily get access to the funds available in your wallet.