Electronic signature applications and use cases
There are several examples of the practical use of electronic signatures today. To name a few, we can provide the samples below:
- The application of digital signatures to all types of contracts. For instance, in the employment, business, or administrative fields, among others.
- To confirm the final recipient of the papers has received them. In this situation, it is essential that advanced or qualified electronic signature systems give the signatory's clear identify.
- To perform any manner of public administration tasks, including:
- Presentation of tax and fee declarations or payments in the financial realm. This is without a doubt among the most well-known and frequently used instances of an electronic signature.
- Enroll in competitive exams or other kinds of hiring procedures for the public sector.
- Examine the administration files.
- Take part in public contract bids.
- Send in all forms of requests using electronic public records.
- Publicize in recognized newspapers.
- Publish a company's annual financial statements with the Commercial Registry.
- Schedule an appointment with several government departments, including the police, tax, social security, and health.
Using electronic signatures has certain benefits.
The benefits of electronic signature for human resources over handwritten signatures are substantial, as the aforementioned instances demonstrate. We may add the following advantages to the list of many others:
Swiftness and effectiveness
Electronic signatures make it possible to expedite the completion of a variety of processes. In addition to eliminating the need for the signatory to travel or send packages by postal service, automation of any process for sign document online and submitting papers is also made possible.
Savings saved on travel and postal mail services stand out in particular. Moreover, expenditure on office supplies is down. The process becomes faster and more automated, which results in additional savings (in, say, human costs).
Unquestionably, an advanced or qualified electronic signature can provide greater legal certainty than a standard handwritten signature. It greatly increases the difficulty of forging signatures and guards against the degradation of the signed document's credibility.
Increased user satisfaction
Users of all services frequently express their appreciation for the ease, speed, and efficiency of the electronic signature procedure. Avoiding travel and saving time are very real benefits for anyone who has dealt with handwritten signature processes that were done in person.
The benefits of doing away with paper and, of course, the decrease in transportation-related pollutants are what stand out at this time (either by avoiding postal shipments or the movement of signers).