AOL Mail is a software which provides instant messaging facility to its users along with some other needful services such as daily news, web surfing, courier service etc. AOL is one of the oldest mail service providers and has established its roots by winning the trust of users.
After Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail, AOL is the most used email service, it was previously known as AIM Mail, and is currently a sub-division of Yahoo. It comes with some exclusive traits which make it stand out of the crowd such as up to 25 MB attachment support, unlimited mailbox size, spam and virus protection, spell check etc.
Well! Heading towards the focal point of this read- “How can you recover your AOL Mail account or login credentials?”
If you’re also looking for the same guidance, here we will discuss the effective ways to recover your mail.aol.com account. Have a glance.
Problems that you can face while logging into AOL Mail
There is no doubt that mail.aol.com is continuously providing a seamless mailing experience, but it doesn’t mean, you can’t fall into trouble. Here is a list of a few most common issues faced by AOL Mail customers.
- Forgotten the username and password.
- Getting an “Invalid password” error.
- A message of "First time signing in here?"
- Identity was not verified during the two-factor authentication.
- Slow or stopped login process.
Ultimate guidance to recover AOL Mail password
To proceed with recovering the mail.aol.com login password, you will need your registered mobile number or email address. Here are the steps you can navigate to reset the AOL Mail password.
- To begin, visit the AOL login page and select the "Forgot password" link.
- A password-reset tool is now opened, here you need to enter your AOL login email address.
- You must keep your recovery email address or username in mind in order to reset your AOL password or restore your AOL email account.
- Enter the code in the CAPTCHA form and then press the "Next" button.
- You have the option of changing your password on the new page using your phone number or a recovery email address.
- Click "Text my mobile"; input your phone number and then click "send", if you wish to change the password using your mobile phone.
- A verification code will now be sent to your phone, which you must input on the following page.
- Press "Alternate Email Address" "Next" if you decide to reset your password using your email address.
- Your account will be validated after you have entered the verification code. Once you've entered the new password twice, hit "Submit".
Using this guide, you can simply change your AOL Mail password successfully.
What if you’ve forgotten your username or ID?
I’ve explained the process of retrieving your password, but in case you’ve forgotten your AOL username or account ID, you can follow the below-mentioned pathway properly.
- Firstly visit the sign-in helper page of AOL.
- Enter your recovery phone number or email address and select “Continue”.
- If you want to regain your email address or get a verification code on your registered phone number, choose yes.
- Enter your verification code now, then select the “Continue” button.
- Your username will now be sent to the associated phone or email to re-access your mail.aol.com account.
How can you get your premium AOL Mail account back?
The procedures below can be used to reestablish an old AOL account that has been deactivated due to inactivity.
- Visit the AOL email login page on your browser.
- Enter the login credentials and press the "Next" button now.
- After entering your AOL account password, select the “Login” option.
- Now, pick up the "My Services" option from the menu.
- Select "Subscriptions" and find the subscription you wish to activate or recover right now.
- Afterwards, you may access the page with subscription details.
- Now, copy the URL and paste it into a new tab of your web browser.
- After entering your email or username on the page where you landed, select the “Forgot Password” link.
- After all, adhere to all the prompted instructions to change or recover the password.
No matter whether you forgot your account ID, username, or password or your subscription got deactivated, after going through this read, you will now be able to re-access your mail.aol.com account in quite an easy manner. Keep in mind that if you created your account a long time ago and have an AIM Mail ID, you are still able to access your account on the AOL platform using the same login credentials.